Bay Pointe's Commitment to Health Standards
At Bay Pointe, the safety and security of our team members and guests continues to remain our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your resort safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regarding booking flexibility,
meeting and events flexibility, dining updates, and travel safety.
Attention Bay Pointe Guests - Updated July 13th, 2020
Effective July 13, 2020 Governor Whitmer now requires Bay Pointe/Terrace Grille customers to wear a face covering or face mask while in all indoor public areas of the resort and/or restaurant. They can be removed once you are seated for dining or cocktails as well as within your guestroom, cottage or the private property of the BoatHouse. We understand that some customers have medical conditions preventing them from wearing face coverings. We will follow the Governor’s latest EO to determine who is exempt from this requirement. For your convenience we will have face masks available to purchase for $1.00 if you forget to bring yours.
We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you!
Resort Health and Hygiene – Updated July 1st, 2020
At Bay Pointe, we are proud to have a rigorous standard of hotel cleanliness and disinfection to ensure resort guests enjoy a clean and safe stay. In response to Coronavirus, we will continue with our high standards of cleanliness and extend our actions with additional cleaning and safety measures, allowing our guests to have an even cleaner and safer stay.
Our Bay Pointe housekeeping and hygiene program includes hospital-grade cleaning products and will now include upgraded protocols. The program will feature our trusted cleaning products, with enhanced solutions and new Coronavirus cleaning, disinfecting, and safety training. Our enhanced cleaning program will include:
- All rooms will be cleaned and disinfected/sanitized twice daily.
- "Touchless" registration check-in. Guests will not be required to fill out their registration sheet, instead our front desk staff will handle that for you. In addition, guests will be shown two separate bins for “dirty room keys” and “sanitized room keys”.
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches, television remotes, toilet handles, air conditioning units, windows/sliders handles, fridges and all door handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas. This includes computers, phones, and the elevator being disinfected frequently.
- Guest-accessible hand sanitizer at entrances and high traffic areas throughout the entire resort property.
- Enhanced cleaning in Terrace Grille for take-out.
- Enhanced Bay Pointe Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
- Social Distancing of 6ft. will be in effect throughout the resort property.
- All Bay Pointe staff and team members, including the culinary team inside Terrace Grille, will be required to wear personal protective equipment while in contact with guests.
Above all, Bay Pointe has always taken great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our entire resort property. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures in our Inn, Bay Pointe Woods, the BoatHouse Villa, and Terrace Grille, developed in accordance with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. We will continue to advance upon any new procedures as they become available.
Events & Wedding Inquiries – Updated as of July 1st, 2020
While our main sales office is open to walk-in and resort tours, our Sales Team is still present and available to answer all questions regarding booking weddings and events. Please feel free to email direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coronavirus Update for GLL: We are still planning on hosting Gun Lake Live, although, we are cancelling the first 3 shows due to the current COVID-19 Stay-At-Home restrictions.