Our People Are the Key To Our Success
Bay Pointe is proud to employ a diverse group of talented team members; both full-time, part-time, and seasonal. At Bay Pointe, we celebrate differences in age, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, background, and religious beliefs. We are committed to hiring only those who reflect the culture of caring and extraordinary guest service here at Bay Pointe. Furthermore, we strive to be more than just an employer — we're actively engaged and involved in our local community — we don't just work here, we live here too.
If this sounds like the kind of hospitality family you want to be a part of, come join the Bay Pointe team! We’re always looking for dynamic, motivated individuals who want to make their mark on the world of hospitality.
Hiring experienced line cooks. Must be 18 years of age and have reliable transportation. Focusing on upscale comfort food with a twist, full beverage and bar service, and a relaxed resort atmosphere. Part Time positions! Starting pay at $11.00-$13.00 per hour! Very competitive pay based on experienced!
– Must be able to communicate and listen attentively to supervisors and team members
– Must be guest orientated and possess a sense of urgency
– Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
– Must be service and team orientated
– Must possess creativity and a passion regarding food and beverage service
– Preferably a minimum of 1 year cooking within a full-service restaurant
– Preferably ServSafe Certified and/or knowledgeable of food safety practices
Required Experience: 1 year as cook
Purpose: To help facilitate the hosting of “events” , dinners, and other functions at Bay Pointe Inn. Banquet servers assist in the entire process of an event, from beginning to end.
Staff members must be knowledgeable regarding the facility , have a pleasant attitude, and strong work ethic. Individuals will be working in close contact with hotel and property guests, and must maintain a professional demeanor.
Banquet staff members work directly under the supervision of the Event Supervisor, and Restaurant and Event’s Manager.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors. Temperature indoors is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens(+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. Most event spaces are located outdoors and will require a candidate to work in varied conditions.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays. Must be available to work the entire summer season May 1st through October 31st.
Qualifications: Education High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: No prior serving or banquet experience is required. However, candidates with prior experience are preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Bay Pointe Inn standards.
Job duties include, but are not limited to: Greeting guests as they arrive, answering the phones, and taking dinner reservations in a friendly, professional, and timely manner. Hosts/ Hostesses also take food and beverage room-service orders, carry-out orders, and assist in delivery. Have complete knowledge of OpenTable reservation software, and a Point of Sale system. Hosts directly impact the flow of the dinner service in the restaurant. The ideal candidate will be a confident, forward thinking individual, who can work under pressure.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Prior experience hosting (preferred)
- High school or equivalent education required.
- The ability to meet professional dress requirements.
- Must possess clear communication skills, articulation, and organization.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
Must be available to work any shift. Lunches, Evenings, Weekends, and Holidays. Must be available to work from May 1st through Oct 31st
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to carry and balance dishware and glassware in the course of service.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.