With the spring season right around the corner, it’s time to start preparing for the annual tulip festival in Michigan, known as Holland Tulip Time. For over 90 years, guests celebrate the nine-day festival with Klompen dance performances, festive bites, and carnival entertainment. This Holland, Michigan, tulip festival has grown so large, that they’ve been named the country’s best flower festival and even the tulip festival of the year in 2017-2018.
Holland Tulip Festival Activities
The Holland Tulip Festival activities are exciting for guests of all ages. The festival’s board changes activities every year to keep visitors on their toes. It’s wise to reference the festival’s most updated brochure for daily schedules. However, select events occur year after year, such as our Bay Pointe Team’s favorite activities listed below.
- Innovation Lab at Kinderplaats: Young guests will learn about tulips and other plants through STEAM-based activities. Expect some friendly surprise guests.
- Yoga in the Tulips: Surround yourself with Holland, Michigan, tulips while taking a guided yoga class. Guests of all yoga experiences are welcome since the classes range from beginner to experienced.
- Bier Klomp: Celebrate Friday fun day at Bier Klomp, where you’ll enjoy live music, local ciders, beers, spirits, and exclusive Holland, Michigan, brews.
- Tulip City Trolley Tours: The best way to take in all of the festival’s sites and activities is by the Tulip City Trolley Tours. Your knowledgeable tour guide will lead guests through Holland’s Historic District, downtown area, and the epic tulip lanes.
- Holland Tulip Time Arts Series Exhibits: Browse the festival’s art exhibits, which feature pieces from the Tulip Time Quilt Show, winning submissions from the festival’s art competition, and a performance by the winning Klompen Garden competition.
Bay Pointe Inn
When looking for a place to stay during the tulip festival in Michigan, Bay Pointe Inn is the best option for you. We’re far enough from Tulip Time for you to escape the festival’s massive crowds but close enough for reasonable travel times. After your long day enjoying the Holland tulip festival, you’ll love our deluxe amenities, such as an indoor hot tub/swimming pool, full-service on-site restaurant, and fireplaces in select suites. All facilities will not only help you feel at home but also help you create memories to last a lifetime. For more information on how to plan your vacation during this year’s Holland, Michigan, tulip festival, give our staff a call at 269-672-8111.