No matter what time of year you visit Bay Pointe Inn, Michigan nature is putting on a show. From flowers blooming in spring to snow blanketing the grounds in winter, there is no shortage of picturesque scenery to take in during your trip to Shelbyville. A great way to take in these sights, including stunning fall foliage, is on west Michigan hiking trails. Pack a picnic lunch, lace up your hiking boots, and set off exploring.
The Best Trails near Shelbyville to See Fall Foliage
Fall colors start to make their appearance across the state in September and usually last through the end of October. One of the best ways to see these autumn hues is on one of the various hiking trails near our Gun Lake resort.
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area: If you’re looking for a variety of trails in one area, you need to visit Yankee Springs Recreation Area in Middleville. Trails vary in length and difficulty, so you can pick one or multiple that fit your group or plans for the day.
- Paul Henry – Thornapple Trail: Those looking for a longer hike should check out the Paul Henry – Thornapple Trail near Middleville. The almost 14-mile out and back trail, which features a river, is perfect for any skill level.
- Rabbit River Trail: The .6-mile loop trail is an excellent option for those exploring with younger children. Rabbit River Trail is an ideal spot to unplug for a little while as you walk along the river.
- Kalamazoo River Valley Trail: If you find yourself planning a day trip to Kalamazoo, leave time to hike the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail. There are several spots to start your hike. Be sure to check out the map ahead of time to determine how far you want to hike.
- North Country Trail: Near Bay Pointe is a trailhead to the North Country Trail. The M179 Trailhead is only about 10 minutes away. Hike to your heart’s content before returning to our lakefront resort.
Another great place to explore is the 10 acres of wooded terrain that surround Bay Pointe Inn. Spend some time wandering our property before grabbing a bite to eat at Terrace Grille, our on-site restaurant.
Unplug and Unwind at Bay Pointe Inn
Every once in a while, you need a chance to escape from the craziness of everyday life. A stay at Bay Pointe Inn is the ideal way to recharge your batteries. Our Gun Lake full-service resort features cozy yet luxurious accommodations, perfect for relaxing after a day spent on west Michigan hiking trails. During your stay, be sure to check out our on-site amenities like a heated swimming pool, sunbathing patio, and fitness room. Call 269-672-8111 to learn more about our resort, special offers, or booking your stay.