There is no shortage of fun ways to get outdoors during your stay at Bay Pointe. Our Shelbyville resort is located along the shores of Gun Lake and is surrounded by 10 acres of beautiful wooden terrain. During your stay, explore area mountain bike trails, spend a day on the lake, or go on a fishing expedition. When planning out your itinerary, be sure to leave plenty of time to explore Yankee Springs Recreation Area.
The Top Adventures to Embark On
Just a short drive away from our lakeside resorts sits Yankee Springs Recreation Area, one of the top state parks in Michigan. With 5,200 acres to explore, there is no shortage of adventures to be had.
- Ride the 10 miles of horseback riding trails that reside in both the game and park area lands. Managed by the Yankee Spring Trail Riders Association, there are 4-mile, 6-mile, and 9-mile trail options to select from.
- See who can catch the biggest fish by stopping by the barrier-free fishing pier, which will give you access to the Gun Lake Channel. Anyone in your group 17 or older will need to purchase a fishing license.
- Lace-up your hiking boots and explore the miles of trails. Popular options include Chief Noonday Trail, Gun Lake Trail, and Long Lake Trail. The beauty of these trails is enhanced when the leaves start to change color, and peak foliage time is mid-September through October.
- When the temperatures drop, this area is perfect for a day of cross-country skiing. Whether you are a seasoned skier or someone still new to the sport, the diversity of terrain has something suitable for your skill level. Another popular wintertime activity is snowmobiling.
- Other popular activities for Yankee Springs Recreation Area visitors include hunting, swimming, wildlife watching, and paddlesports.
Keep in mind, you will need to purchase a Recreation Passport to enter the park.
Surround Yourself in Nature with a Michigan Getaway
If you are looking for a wide variety of things to do outdoors, book your Michigan vacation and stay at Bay Pointe. Our luxury lake resort is not only filled with great on-site activities but is close to nature wonderlands, like Yankee Springs Recreation Area. After a day spent outdoors, rest up in your cozy accommodation after grabbing something to eat from Terrace Grille, our on-site restaurant. To learn more about booking your stay, call 269-672-8111.