Nestled on the breathtaking shores of Gun Lake rests Bay Pointe, an award-winning full-service resort. As a four-season property, our lakefront Michigan resort is the ideal destination for anyone looking to get away, no matter the time of year. While summer may be known as one of the top vacation seasons, winter is just a great time to visit Michigan, and now is the perfect time to plan your snowy escape.
The 5 Best Winter Things to Do in Michigan
Winter in Michigan tends to mean colder temperatures with plenty of snow. These conditions mean the Shelbyville area turns into a winter wonderland just waiting for you to explore. Before heading out the door, be sure to bundle up, so you can enjoy endless winter fun safely.
- Feel the thrill of riding along a snowmobiling trail. Yankee Spring Recreation Area has 10 acres of trails, but you’ll need to purchase a snowmobile trail pass to ride them. Another great option is Kal-Haven Trail State Park in Kalamazoo, which doesn’t require a pass.
- Celebrate all things winter at Gun Lake Winterfest. Taking place in February, this annual festival helps raise funds for local charities. The winter-themed activities are known to change every year, so be sure to check the website for the most up-to-date information.
- Thanks to our lakefront location, going ice fishing is as easy as walking out the door. Before heading out, read up on important ice safety tips.
- More laid-back ways to explore the snow-covered landscape are cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Yankee Springs has trails perfect for skiers and snowshowers of all levels, like the Yankee Springs – Chief Noonday Trail and Yankee Springs – Gun Lake Trail.
- Warm up after a day of outdoor fun by making a classic winter drink in your Gun Lake cottage rental. Popular beverages like Hot Buttered Rum, Hot Toddy, and Spiked Hot Chocolate are the perfect accompaniment to popcorn and a holiday movie.
If you need rental equipment for your adventures, stop by the front desk for recommendations on local businesses that have what you’re looking for.
Reserve Your Snowy Shelbyville Escape Today
There’s no better place to call home on your Michigan winter vacation than Bay Pointe. Sitting on 15 wooded acres and over 300 feet of lake frontage, our resort turns into a picturesque wonderland the moment the first snowflake falls.
When booking your stay, you have several accommodation options to choose from. Bay Pointe Inn is comprised of spacious guestrooms and suites, while Bay Pointe Woods features 10 cottages with plenty of space for the whole family. If you’re planning a large group vacation, BoatHouse Villa might just be the ideal choice. Call 269-672-8111 to learn more about our resort, its amenities, and special offers. We can also assist you in reserving your visit.