With its lakefront location and acres of wooded terrain, there’s no more peaceful place for a getaway in Western Michigan than Bay Pointe. Our Shelbyville hotel and resort are ideal for everyone from families to friends looking to escape the reality of everyday life for a little bit. While there is plenty to explore right on our property, the best part of a vacation is sometimes getting out and exploring. For a memorable outdoor adventure, spend time at one of the nature preserves near our Michigan resort.
Top 5 Places to See Incredible Michigan Scenery
There’s nothing quite like disconnecting for a little while and getting “lost” in nature. The preserves throughout Southwestern Michigan are a great spot to do just that, and several are close to your Gun Lake vacation rental.
- Head to the George P. Tilma Nature Preserve, a little over 30 minutes away. This natural resource within the city of Wyoming is home to an old-growth forest and wetlands with informal trails.
- Kalamazoo Nature Center’s main campus is comprised of over 1,100 acres of beauty. There are over 14 miles of hiking trails to explore, so there is something for explorers of all ages. Be sure to check the other locations part of the KNC.
- Drive to Alto to spend time at the Dolan Nature Sanctuary. The 127-acre space is made up of a floodplain forest, mixed hardwoods, and wetlands. There is a trail open to the public and also a spot for fishing.
- Located on 850 acres in Hastings, Pierce Cedar Creek Insitute is part biological field station, part environmental education center, and part nature center. During your visit, you have a chance to learn and explore a variety of diverse habitats.
- Wander 60 acres in the heard of Kalamazoo at the Bow in the Clouds Preserve. A mile-long packed gravel loop trail takes you to a viewing platform. This trail connects to a dirt trail that brings you through a large wetland.
When visiting whichever preserve you choose, please remember to be respectful of the flora and fauna found there.
Escape to Nature at Bay Pointe
Whether you’re spending time on Gun Lake or exploring one of the nearby nature preserves, picture-perfect Michigan scenery is all around when you stay at Bay Pointe. Our four-season resort has everything you need to unwind and recharge your batteries after a day of adventure.
Grab a bite to eat at Bay Pointe Bar & Grille or go for a swim before turning in for the night. We feature a range of accommodation options in various sizes and styles. This variety allows us to host groups from big to small. To learn more about the resort or special offers, call 269-672-8111.