Situated on the shores of Gun Lake, there’s no better place for a summer getaway than Bay Pointe. However, our resort is also the ideal destination for any season. Spend time out on Gun Lake in the summer or embrace the cold with top winter activities. For a truly magical experience, plan to visit West Michigan in the fall.
The Top Fall Things to Do in Michigan
While temperatures start to drop in the fall, conditions are still right to spend your days outside exploring all there is to do and see near our Shelbyville resort. Whether you’re visiting with friends or family, there’s an adventure for everyone.
- Enjoy a class autumn outing by visiting a local apple orchard like Summer Sweet Orchard or Grandview Orchard. This freshly-picked fruit is the perfect snack to enjoy back at the resort.
- Take in the fall hues on a hiking adventure. Countless trails will surround you with changing leaves, including those found inside Yankee Spring Recreation Area. You can also go for a scenic drive to see even more of the incredible foliage throughout Michigan.
- Learn about the spooky history of Michigan lighthouses. Places like White River Light Station are rumored to be haunted, and there are reports of footsteps being heard late at night.
- If you’re feeling really brave, reserve your spot on a tour with Paranormal Michigan. You can choose from a Kalamazoo tour or an excursion in Grand Rapids. Both will have you learning the haunted history of these popular Michigan towns.
- There’s nothing like getting an up-close look at adorable animals, and fall is the perfect time to visit an area petting zoo. Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park takes this experience to a new level. Learn about a variety of animals through hands-on opportunities. This attraction is only open from May through October.
Plan Your Autumn Escape Today
While there is still plenty of summer left, it’s never too early to start planning your visit to Michigan in the fall. As a four-season resort, Bay Pointe is the perfect spot for your getaway. With 15 acres of wooded terrain and 375 feet of Gun Lake frontage, staying at our resort will surround you with autumn beauty.
When booking your stay, you can choose three different accommodation options. By offering so many different lodging styles, we can accommodate groups of different sizes and budgets. Make the most out of your stay by taking advantage of on-site amenities like Bay Pointe Bar & Grille. Call 269-672-8111 to learn more about booking your stay or special offers.