You don’t have to wait for a special occasion like a honeymoon or anniversary to plan a trip for two to Bay Pointe. Our lakefront resort is the ideal destination for any couple looking to escape the distractions of life and spend some quality time together. Found on the shores of Gun Lake, our four-season resort puts you close to a wide variety of romantic things to do in Michigan.
What to Do on a Michigan Trip for Two
It doesn’t matter what fills your itinerary; all that matters is that you are spending time with the one you love most. See what adventures you can find both on and off resort grounds to make the most out of your getaway.
- If visiting during the fall, head out and find some of the best places to take in fall foliage. There are countless places to go leaf peeping, like Yankee Springs Recreation Center and Fort Custer State Park.
- Check out one of our pontoon rentals to enjoy a day out on Gun Lake. Stay out long enough to witness a Michigan sunset from the water.
- For another way to get out on the open water, head to Gun Lake Boat Rentals for kayak or canoe rentals. They offer both single and double kayaks, so you can choose the one that fits you best.
- Set off to discover charming nearby towns. Spend time wandering the shops in Hastings, or find a picnic spot in one of the parks found in Otsego.
- Plan a movie night of all your favorite films. Purchase chocolate-covered strawberries or a bottle of wine and cheese tray for the perfect snacks.
- Reminisce on all the fun you have had throughout the course of your relationship while enjoying a delicious meal at Bay Pointe Bar & Grille. Our award-winning farm-to-table restaurant is known for using locally sourced ingredients in all of its dishes.
- Reserve your spot on the wine and beer tour offered through the Magic Shuttle Bus. Taking place in Grand Rapids, this outing is an excellent way to sample some of the incredible local brews and vino.
Plan Your Couple’s Getaway to Bay Pointe
For couples who book their stay at Bay Pointe, there’s an endless supply of romantic things to do in Michigan right around the corner. However, at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what activities fill your day. You’re sure to leave with lifelong memories with the one you love most.
When booking your spacious rental, be sure to check out our lodging packages for ways to sweeten your stay. Our resort features several accommodation options, including cottages and guest rooms. For more information, call 269-672-8111.