Sometimes, the best part of a vacation is getting there, and when you plan a road trip from Detroit to Shelbyville, there is plenty to do and see. As you make your way to Bay Pointe Inn, leave plenty of time to enjoy the drive and stop along the way. You’ll enjoy a vacation within a vacation as you discover activities and attractions found on the trip.
A Guide to Stops on Your Detroit to Shelbyville Drive
There’s plenty of fun to be had when you arrive at our luxury lake resort, but you don’t have to wait until you check in to start your vacation. At just under three hours, Sheblyvill is one of the great road trips you can take from Detroit if you’re looking for a staycation away from the city. On the drive, consider checking out some of the top attractions found on the way.
- As you make your way out of Detroit, stop by the Detroit Historical Museum. The museum features a variety of signature and changing exhibitions that tell the region’s history.
- Make a detour, and you can explore the animals that call the Detroit Zoo home.
- Those traveling with children will love Castaway Play in Howell. Let your kids blow off some energy as they enjoy the range of attractions, including a play area and arcade.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Potterville Park.
- Take in vehicles from as early as 1886 and other forms of transportation at R.E. Olds Transportation Museum. There are over 80 vehicles from the late 19th century to 2004 at this museum.
Before arriving at our Shelbyville resort, explore Yankee Springs Recreation Area. No matter where you are departing from in Detroit, you can find unique and exciting spots to explore.
Relax Lakeside at a Luxury Michigan Resort
After an adventure-filled road trip from Detroit, you’ll enjoy your cozy accommodations at Bay Pointe Inn. Whether you stay in our remodeled Inn or one of the new Bay Pointe Woods Cottages, you will not only have a luxurious place to call home but also access to our range of on-site amenities. Be sure to check out our current specials when booking your stay for ways to save. Call 269-672-8111 to learn more.