One of the best parts about a vacation is you can do as little or as much as you want. If you’re hoping to simply relax during your stay at Bay Pointe Inn, enjoy a day lounging on a pontoon on Gun Lake or visit an area brewery. However, if you like to stay active even on vacation, there are plenty of things to do in West Michigan that will keep you moving.
Fun Ways to Focus on Fitness
Staying active on vacation doesn’t have to take away from going on adventures. There’s no shortage of activities near our luxury lake resort that will keep you active while allowing you to explore stunning Michigan scenery.
- Hiking the trails near Shelbyville is a great way to increase your heart rate while taking in beautiful nature. Popular trails include those found in the Yankee Springs Recreation Area and Paul Henry – Thornapple Trail.
- This area of Michigan is also home to some of the best bike trails around. Cycle along the Wildwood Hills Pathway, which is an 11-mile system of three loops.
- If you’re looking for a bit of zen, try yoga. Yoga Zen and 8 Limbs are both great studios that are just a short drive from Bay Pointe.
- A whole new world of activities opens up if you’re visiting in the winter, like cross-country skiing or snowshoeing.
- There are plenty of ways to stay active right on our property as well. Go for a swim in the heated pool or work out in our fitness room.
Enjoy a Michigan Getaway at Your Own Pace
Whether you’re looking to stay active during your stay at Bay Pointe Inn or relax as much as possible, there are things to do in West Michigan that fit your speed. You’ll have no trouble unwinding at the end of the day in your luxurious yet comfortable accommodation. Be sure to look into our current specials for ways to possibly save or enhance your stay. To learn more about booking your stay or our amenities, call 269-672-8111.