When you think of a vacation, you probably think of a getaway from Friday to Sunday or maybe Thursday to Monday if you’re planning a long-weekend escape. However, Tuesday through Thursday is just as good of a time to pack your bags and head out. You can have as much fun on a mid-week Michigan family summer vacation as you can on a week-long or weekend getaway, especially when visiting Bay Pointe.
Things to Do in Michigan on a Mid-Week Escape
A family vacation is the perfect way to create lifelong memories with your loved ones. Being away from life’s distractions gives you a chance to spend quality time together that you simply can’t do at home. There is no shortage of mid-week family activities near our Shelbyville resort. To help give you a jumpstart, our team has put together a checklist of some of our favorite things to do in Southwest Michigan.
- Summer is the perfect time for road trips, and you can enjoy this pastime during your family vacation by heading out on memorable day trips. Wander the town of Hasting’s charming downtown, or explore some of the attractions in Battle Creek.
- Soak in the Michigan sunshine while enjoying idyllic summer conditions by spending time at a local nature preserve. Check out the 14 miles of hiking trails at the Kalamazoo Nature Center’s main campus. If visiting Kalamazoo, stop by Bow in the Clouds Preserve.
- If you’re looking to sneak in a bit of learning, visit one of the museums near Shelbyville. Places like the Bernard Historical Museum, Gilmore Car Museum, and Grand Rapids Public Museum are filled with interesting exhibits that’ll expand your horizons in entertaining ways.
- One of the best perks of staying at our resort is the easy access to Gun Lake; we’re literally right on its shores! No summer vacation is complete without spending time out on the lake. Go for a pontoon ride on one of the rentals available to our guests, or rent a kayak or canoe from Gun Lake Boat Rentals to enjoy a different kind of float.
- See how many things to do you can discover in Yankee Springs Recreation Area. The 5,200-acre natural attraction has everything from hiking trails to incredible fishing spots.
Book Your Bay Pointe Getaway Today
There’s no better time to reserve your mid-week Michigan family vacation to Bay Pointe than today. Our four-season lakefront resort in Shelbyville has everything you need for the best vacation possible.
After a day of fun, stop by Bay Pointe Bar & Grille for a delicious bite to eat before returning to your home away from home. Our resort features a number of Gun Lake vacation rentals, including cottages, guest rooms, and suites. Learn more about which accommodation fits your stay best or ways to save by calling 269-672-8111.