Sitting along the shores of Gun Lake, Bay Pointe is the perfect place for a family getaway. A vacation to our luxury lake resort gives you a chance to escape the distractions of life and spend quality time together. There is no shortage of fun activities and attractions to explore during your stay, including other Michigan towns. For a fun day trip, head north and explore all the fun things to do with kids in Grand Rapids.
What to Do on a Grand Rapids Day Trip
It only takes about 40 minutes to drive from your Shelbyville accommodation to Grand Rapids, making it an easy day trip to add to your itinerary. No matter how old your children are, there is plenty to do and see in this nearby city.
- Depending on when you plan your getaway, be sure to include a stop at John Ball Zoo. Open seasonally, this zoo features animals from all over the world.
- You and your kids may learn something new on a visit to the Grand Rapids Public Museum. Get your tickets to explore interesting exhibits or enjoy an experience under the stars at the Roger B. Chaffee Planetarium.
- Found inside Meijer Gardens is the Lena Meijer Children’s Gardens. From experiencing the Kids Sense Garden to looking for fossils in the rock quarry, everyone will enjoy the range of activities.
- See the planes take off from the Gerald R. Ford International Airport as you enjoy a picnic lunch at the viewing park.
- Learn about the history of Grand Rapids on a downtown walking tour. The 10 block tour covers a variety of top attractions, like the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum and Ah-Nab-Awen Park.
During your exploration, don’t forget to stop by one of the numerous dining options found throughout the town, including spots to treat yourself to some indulgent ice cream.
Get Away from It All with a Michigan Escape
Whether you’re exploring the fun things to do with kids in Grand Rapids or Yankee Springs Recreation Area, you and your family will have fun making memories on a Michigan adventure. Surrounded by 10 acres of wooded terrain, Bay Pointe offers you a relaxing spot to call home for your next vacation.
Stay in one of our cozy guest rooms at the Inn or enjoy more space in our Woods Cottages. No matter what lodging option you choose, you’ll have a comfortable yet luxurious space to unwind in. Our resort features a range of amenities meant to help enhance your stay, including an indoor heated pool, fitness room, and complimentary Wi-Fi. For more information about booking your stay or how to save, call 269-672-8111.