For most of the year, you and your family are competing with work, school, extracurricular activities, and more for quality time together. However, for a blissful three months, some of those distractions are removed, and there’s no better way to spend that time than on a summer vacation getaway. As one of the best Michigan resorts for families, not only is Bay Pointe a relaxing place to call home, but it puts you near all the top adventures you need to make memories with the ones you love most.
A Guide to Memorable Michigan Summer Activities
Summers in Shelbyville mean temperatures are reaching highs in the 70s and lows staying around the 60s. This means you’ll have plenty of time to soak in the Michigan sunshine as you explore all there is to do in and around our Gun Lake resort. No matter how old your children are, there are fun activities and attractions for every age range.
- Spend time inside Yankee Springs Recreation Area, a 5,200-acre state park. Select from several adventures during your visit, including horseback riding, fishing, hiking, and more.
- Explore a nearby hiking trail surrounded by beautiful nature. The Rabbit River Trail is great for those with younger children, while families with teens may prefer the Paul Henry – Thornapple Trail.
- Plan a day trip to Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids. Both of these towns are just a short drive from the resort and are filled with a world of exciting things to explore.
- As a Bay Pointe guest, you can rent a pontoon through one of the local family-owned marinas, perfect for a relaxing day on Gun Lake.
- Everyone will have a blast getting up close and personal with cute animals at a local petting zoo, including Mary’s Country Critters and Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park.
Don’t forget to enjoy a picnic lunch on our lakeside lawn or a dip in the heated swimming pool.
Make the Most of Your Michigan Summer Vacations
Some of the best memories you can make with those you love most are on a vacation. When you book your stay at Bay Pointe, one of the top Michigan resorts for families, you are giving your family quality, uninterrupted time together. Located on the banks of Gun Lake, our waterfront resort has everything you need to make the most out of your summer escape. Select from a range of accommodation options, including quaint cottages that have all the comforts of home. The on-site amenities, including the Terrace Grille, are here to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Call 269-672-8111 to learn more about the resort or special offers.