Bay Pointe is the perfect place for a variety of memorable moments in your love story, including your bachelorette party, wedding day, and even honeymoon. Sitting on the south shore of Gun Lake, our Shelbyville resort is the ideal place if you’re looking to enjoy a romantic honeymoon in Michigan. Not only will you have luxurious accommodations to relax in, but you’ll be surrounded by adventures that’ll make life-long memories.
A Checklist of Fun and Romantic Things to Do around Shelbyville
Your definition of romance is as unique as you are as a couple. Luckily, there is plenty to do in and around Shelbyville, which means you can find adventures that fit your adventure or romance.
- Unplug from technology and spend some uninterrupted time together exploring area hiking trails. You can find some of the best trails around inside the Yankee Springs Recreation Area.
- Soak in the sunshine as the Gun Lake waves rock you back and forth on a rental boat. Gun Lake Boat Rental has the perfect pontoon, kayak, or canoe rental for you.
- Spend a day discovering nearby Kalamazoo. This neighboring Michigan town is filled with amazing attractions and activities that enhance any vacation.
- For a unique Michigan experience, time your honeymoon to line up with the annual Tulip Festival. Taking place every year, this nine-day festival known as Holland Tulip Time celebrates everything tulip and Dutch heritage.
- Start and end every day by enjoying breathtaking sunrises and sunsets from the resort property. With almost 400-feet of Gun Lake frontage, there are plenty of spots to curl up as you enjoy a relaxing beginning and end to the day.
- Go on a self-guided winery and tasting room tour to local places like Glass Creek Winery and The 707 Winery and Brewery.
Book Your Dream Honeymoon at Bay Pointe
Relax after months of planning your dream wedding with a romantic and relaxing honeymoon at Bay Pointe in Michigan. Not only is our Gun Lake resort close to top area attractions, but there is no shortage of fantastic on-site amenities to enjoy during your stay. Go for a dip in our indoor heated swimming pool, or relax in the hot tub.No matter what type of accommodation you book, you’ll have a luxurious and cozy space to call home. Many of our rooms offer private balconies with lake or garden views. Up the romance factor by requesting rose petals, chilled champagne, or chocolate-covered strawberries. Learn how to save on your stay or more about our resort by calling 269-672-8111.